The docs have been weening Garren off of the ventilator. Yesterday they dropped his rate to 4 breaths per minute. He did well breathing over that. Overnight they had to bring the rate back up to 6 because he got a little too relaxed while he was sleeping. This morning they put Garren on pressure support for a 3 hour trial. Pressure support basically means Garren does all the breathing on his own, the ventilator just supplements his breaths to help inflate his lungs a little bit more than he would on his own. He did great with the trial, and this afternoon they put him back on pressure support. The plan is to leave him there unless something changes.
We are still waiting to move to rehab. We are waiting on the insurance company, jumping through all the hoops and meeting all the requirements that they have in order to admit him there. Hopefully tomorrow we will be moving.
Please pray for Nancy and myself as we will be heavily involved with Garren's care as well as a lot of the rehab process. From everything we hear, we will be working hard - which is great, I'm tired of sitting here. Those of you that know me know that I am a doer, not a watcher.
There continue to be a lot of uncertainties and unknowns going forward. Please continue to pray for peace. Looking ahead into this dark tunnel of uncertainties continues to be a challenge for both of us.
Thank you all for everything you have done and continue to do!