Pastor Rob joined us live this weekend. He continued our walk through the book of Hebrews - "Christ our High Priest." Here is a quick recap.
- We can boldly approach the throne of grace. We do not need to go through any man to get to the Father. Jesus is our great high priest. He is the only way.
- The OT high priest's job was to go to God with our sin, like a defense attorney.
- Jesus has bridged that gap. He did the work of the high priest once and for all.
- We cannot hide our sin from God. Your junk will eventually catch up with you.
- For more background information on the high priest, read Leviticus 6-10 & 21
- Jesus, our high priest, is the source of salvation for everyone.
- There were 4 requirements to be a high priest:
2) You had to be called by God
3) You had to understand the guilt of humanity
4) You had to be beset with weakness yourself
- Jesus met each of these requirements. Even though He was God, he became a man. He was called (sent) by God. He understood our guilt. And yes, He was beset with weakness Himself.
- Jesus suffered, Jesus cried, Jesus felt pain. Jesus was forsaken by God the Father. Jesus had to become obedient to death, even death on the cross.
Have a great week!