March 27, 2011

Sunday March 27, 2011 6:30pm

We're in week 3 of our Impact series at Southbrook. Today's message, "Mark the World," was powerful. Pastor Rob preached from Haiti via video. He was there with a team about a month ago. Wow. As I watch the images and hear about the needs, all I want to do is go. I love missions. Seeing people go on missions trips is exciting for me. I once told Pastor Rob that I think every church member should be expected to go oversees. It truly is a life changing experience.

I grew up overseas. I take every opportunity I get to travel overseas on missions trips. It's amazing how God can work in your life when you get out of the norm, out of your comfort zone. Missions trips are powerful.

At the end of the service today I asked those who were being prompted by God to go on a missions trip sometime this year to stand. We had 24 people at the Monroe Campus stand and come forward to commit to going on a trip this year. That is exciting! I love missions!

Garren is doing well today. The cap trials are continuing. Instead of 4 hours straight, today we did 2 hours in the morning, then 2 hours in the afternoon. He tolerates it very well. The problem is that he doesn't cough enough to clear his airway, making it difficult to breathe. I will say that his cough does seem to be getting a little bit stronger, but he still has a ways to go.

His eye looks really good today. Clear with no red. He still needs to get the strength to close it on his own, or it will become irritated again.

Thanks for your prayers. Tomorrow begins another week of hard work. Pray for strength and endurance.

5 comments:

Kim Peck said...

Pastor Rob's message was wonderful. I have never felt the tug to go on a mission trip (I consider my classroom my mission field), but today I felt the tug and went forward to sign-up. Glad to hear how well Garren is doing. I know he will do great this week. He is tough and up for the challenge. Still praying for him and all of you!

Anonymous said...

Good news about Garren, and very proud of you, Pastor, for still leading your church flock, and being strong for your family...well done...try to rest in His "rest" and we will continue to blanket you and Garren and the family in prayers...love, Sandy & Russ

Kitty @ Four Toms and a Mom said...

Big prayers tonight for Garren from my family. Praying for strength this week, for huge gains in muscle strength, in his ability to move his eyelids and blink and keep his left eye moist and free of irritation, in strength in his cough and his ability to clear his passages and breath easily on his own, in patience with the 'dumb' twenty question games that are so critical to building his communication and cognitive abilities, and strength for all of you family members who bear the burden of recovery with Garren, that the Lord continues to walk you through every moment keeping you completely aware of His presence throughout the miracle of Garren's recovery. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Just got to see the pictures of Garren's room. It's really a blessing to see it all coming together. We're praying for a great week, filled with lots and lots of coughing and blinking. Tell him we're all still cheering and thankful to be part of his team. In for the long haul, The Sisk Family

Anonymous said...

Well, family, closing in on another day...praying that more steps were accomplished, and that you may get some rest before beginning again on Tuesday. And, let your church family help you in any way that you need....love and prayers, SAndy