In the next couple of weeks there are a lot of exciting appointments coming up for Garren:
- Thursday - swallow test, to see how well he is swallowing, and to help determine if the trach is ready to come out.
- Next Wednesday - Bronchoscopy, to check his airway and decide if it's time to take the trach out - Garren is really excited about that day!
- Next Thursday - Arteriogram, the neuro-surgeon is going to examine Garren's brain to make sure there is nothing left of the AVM. If he finds anything they will determine the best way to remove it.
Today Kara and Kelsey are going to get MRI's. Are AVM's hereditary? It depends who you ask. There is no solid evidence that they are or are not. Our primary care physician highly recommended that we have the girls checked, just for peace of mind.
And one more thing! It is very likely that Garren will be readmitted into inpatient rehab in about 2 weeks. The doctors and therapist are very impressed with the progress they are seeing in Garren. They really think that Garren would benefit greatly from some intense inhouse therapy. We are all very excited about this one. Pray that it all works out, that insurance and paperwork all gets worked out.