October 06, 2007

Catalyst 2007

I just got back from Catalyst Conference in Atlanta, GA. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite quotes from some of the difference speakers.

Shane Claiborne
  • Community is surrounding ourselves with people who are like what we want to become.
  • I'm giving up Christianity to go and follow Jesus.
Francis Chan
  • Every time I get up to speak the Holy Spirit is supernaturally speaking through me, through God's Word.
  • Say whatever God has told you to say, don't hold back, don't be afraid of the people.
  • If Jesus or Paul had a church, mine would be bigger, because it would be cooler. People would leave their churches to come to mine. Because they would call their people to a higher level of commitment. (let that sink in...)
Craig Groeschel
  • A Practical Atheist believes that God exists but lives as if He doesn't.
  • We become practical atheists when we believe that our efforts are greater than God's power.
  • We become practical atheists when we believe that our private life doesn't effect our public ministry.
  • We become practical atheists when we believe that we must please people more than we please God.

No comments: