May 02, 2014

Anticipation

I'm looking forward with much excitement to what lays ahead. I will be traveling with a team from Southbrook Church on a missions trip to Bonaire, a small island off the coast of Venezuela.

This trip is exciting for me for several reasons. One of the biggest is that I used to live there. My parents moved there when I was 12, and we moved back to the U.S. when I was 18. It's been 25 years and I cannot wait to see what my former home looks like. 

Another exciting thing about this trip - Nancy is going with us. Of course, having Nancy along on any missions trip is amazing, but being able to show her where I grew up will be pretty cool. 

Our team of 8 will be helping TWR, a Christian radio station that broadcasts Biblical teaching into South America and throughout the Caribbean. We will be working on several renovation projects. There is sure to be a lot of sweat and hard work involved. We are also looking forward to growing as a team and in our personal relationships with Jesus Christ. 

We would appreciate your prayers. There will be, as with any missions trip, many unknowns and many opportunities to be flexible. 

Lord willing I will be updating you with our progress as time and wifi permit. 

Thanks again for your prayer support. 

No comments: