April 18, 2007

Spring is in the air, and in my backyard!

The other day I walked out into the backyard, and found three birds nests, in three different trees, all with eggs. I showed the robin's nest to my two year old daughter, Kelsey. It was the day after Easter. She saw the eggs and immediately said, "Maybe we can take the eggs and open them and get the candy out!" After I finished laughing, I explained to her that little baby birds would be coming out of those eggs. Then she went on to talk about how she was a baby, and that she came out of an egg one time...does this count as "The Talk?"

A couple of days later as I was cutting the grass, I discovered a rabbit's nest, just three feet from our back porch! We have been watching them grow bigger everyday. It is simply amazing. The mother comes at night and feeds them, and they just sit there huddled together 24/7.

Spring time is the time when things start over. It's the time of year when new life appears in the most unusual places. God can do the same thing in our own lives. He can renew us, give us new life, and teach us to grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ. As you check out the beauty of spring, remember the Creator who made it all. And let Him change you into a new person today.

No comments: