April 12, 2007

Knowing is Different than Doing!

“Teach me to do thy will” Psalm 143:10

David understood something important. The question is not “What is God’s will?” Our problem is not that we don’t know God’s will, it is that we don’t DO God’s will.

Think about it...

We have a building with about 250 seats. We have over 2000 people coming in here every week. We are in desperate need of more seats. Should we say “God, what is your will?” OF COURSE NOT! God’s will is that we reach as many people as we possibly can. “Go into all the world,” etc. It’s not knowing God’s will that is the problem. It’s DOING it! “Teach me to do thy will!” As a church, we should be praying “Teach us to do your will.” Common sense tells us to build. Building requires cash. We know what God wants us to do. The problem is it isn't being done.

Disobedient Christians are what keep God from using a group of people to accomplish His plan. Sure, God's plan will be fulfilled--with or without us. But wouldn't you rather be a part of it? I don’t know about you. I want to be in on God’s work. I don’t want to be sitting in my rocking chair someday, looking back on my life, and saying “God sure could have used us, but we were disobedient as a gathering of believers. God sure got the job done with that other church though!”

Not me! Let’s DO what we know God is telling us to DO.

“Teach me to do Thy will.”

No comments: