May 01, 2012

"I Work Out!"

Garren is doing great since his fall last week. Nothing broken, hardly any bruising. He's one tough kid.

Just before he fell, his PT had told him he could have a 10 minute rest, but only gave him 7 minutes. After Garren fell, he was sitting in his chair, and he looked up and said "I told you I was going to get my 10 minute break!"

I've started taking Garren to the gym with me. He is amazing. He is able to move from his wheelchair onto the workout machines, adjust the weights, and do his own workout. We've had fun going together. I am going today to Race to Walk to learn more about what kind of exercises Garren needs to be doing, so that I can continue to supplement his therapy at the gym.

Yesterday afternoon the PT worked Garren so hard. I haven't seen him sweat like that since football practice 2 years ago! I thought he would be worn out, but he went with me to the gym last night and did another hour of work. I'm so proud of him, and so glad that he loves working out, because that is the best thing for him right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we KNOW that in all things God works together for good, for them that love Him and are called according to His purpose...praying, Sandy & Russ

Anonymous said...

The Lord gives us a way out so we can bear up under our trials. I'd say all this working out is Garren's way out. Thank You Lord for keeping Your promises to us. Keep on truckin' Garren! The Lochridge Family