October 31, 2011

A Call to Pray and Fast

It's been about two weeks since I posted anything here. I was away last week in Haiti, and the week before was full of preparations for the trip. We had a great trip. Learned new things, saw lives transformed. I am so blessed to be used by God in this new position as Missions Pastor. I love what I am doing!

One thing I am learning more and more is the importance of prayer. I am becoming more and more aware of our need to cry out to God in our time of need. He longs for our total and complete dependence on Him, and Him alone. I look around at great men of God, and I am blown away by their simple faith, their unwavering trust in God. Rather than worry about how something will get done, they simply move forward, knowing it is God's plan, and that God will provide the resources! Just takes steps. Just follow and obey.

This Friday, November 4th, marks 9 months since Garren ate his last Toaster Strudel. 9 months ago this Friday is when Garren went into the hospital. So much has happened, he has come such a long ways. He is getting stronger everyday. He is getting closer and closer to walking again. But his ability to swallow is a big concern for me. Since we cannot see into his throat, it's hard to know if or how much his ability to swallow is improving.

I'd like to ask you to join me this Friday in a day of prayer and fasting for Garren's ability to swallow. I am going to skip dinner on Thursday night, and fast from food for 24 hours. I will spend as much time in prayer as I can during those 24 hours. I am crying out to God for a miracle, for a marked change in Garren's swallow. Will you join me? I look forward to seeing God move in a big way.

Thank you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geoffrey, I will join you! After last night I see just how weak my prayer life has been. You bet your family will be at the top of my prayer list especially and specifically Garren's
ability to swallow.


Rob Smith

Anonymous said...

Brother. I will fast and pray from 6pm Thurs eve to Fri. 6pm eve, the Lord willing. It is hard for me to go without food, but with the Spirit's enabling I can do it. That would be Nov. 4th, correct? Donna Lochridge

Anonymous said...

Geoffrey, I will join you! I will be fasting from 11am Thursday to 11 am Friday. I will be praying for a miracle for your family.
Your sister in Christ,
Julie Tyson

Anonymous said...

Geoffrey-
I will most certainly join you in fasting and prayer for Garren. We serve a great and mighty God!

Mauri said...

You bet!

Kushmama said...

I count it an honor to join and wil pray expectantly!

Anonymous said...

You saw what God did in Haiti last week, NO weapon formed against you and your family will stand. I will gladly stand in the gap for Garren on Friday. You have the authority over your household, stand and rest in that. There is a bloodline around your family...STAND FIRM, brother.

seashellparker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
seashellparker said...

yes!

Kitty @ Four Toms and a Mom said...

Thursday evening I'll begin the fast. So much will happen. I'm honored to pray for Garren and the warriors around him.

Anonymous said...

Pastor Geoffrey, I'm in. I'm honored to pray and fast for Garren and the entire Janes family to continue to bring healing to his body. 6pm Thursday to 6pm on Friday.
James Maas