December 09, 2009

Monroe Campus Updates

There are quite a few amazing things happening at Southbrook Monroe.

  • We are just about ready to open up the Children's Wing. The carpet guys are in there right now finishing up. I cannot wait to see that room finally get some use! The kids are excited, the teachers are more than excited. It's going to be a great tool for advancing God's Kingdom!
  • This past Saturday we had about 15 volunteers go next door and help the Union County Christmas Bureau with "Give a Kid a Coat" day. It was a tremendous blessing. We opened up our building so people could wait inside instead of standing out in the cold. A couple of our volunteers faithfully invited every one there to come back to church the next day. About 10 of them did! Sweet!
  • I had the honor of preaching this past Sunday. 4 people (2 of them were invited the day before) prayed to ask Jesus into their lives. What a great day that was!
  • This weekend we are baptizing. I already know of 4 or 5 people who are ready to be baptized. I am looking forward to seeing God move in a mighty way.
As we quickly approach the end of the year, I am blown away as I look back at what God is doing. I am humbled to be a part of the expansion of God's Kingdom. I look forward with anticipation at what God has planned for next year!

No comments: