November 11, 2009

Celebrate Recovery

Last night I had the honor of visiting our Celebrate Recovery ministry here at Southbrook Church. Wow! They have something special happening there! We enjoyed a spaghetti dinner at 5:30. I enjoyed spending time with people there.

Nathan and Jennifer Campbell lead this group. I am so proud of them. They came to me a couple of years ago...they needed some help and guidance. We met a few times, worked on some things, and now here we are two years later. They are leading a vibrant ministry. It was a joy to see them working together as a team to pull off the entire evening.

I stayed to hear Chad Manus lead the group in worship. Here's another great story of life transformation. Chad started coming to the Monroe campus just about 1 year ago. He was saved. I had the privilege of baptizing Chad. Two of the three songs Chad sang last night were songs he wrote! He did a great job to the glory of God.

I was blown away at what I saw last night. God is doing a mighty work on Tuesday nights at Southbrook Church. You might want to drop in and see what it's all about. I know they would love to have you!

1 comment:

Jennifer Campbell Celebrate Recovery Ministry Leader said...

Geoffrey, thank you for coming last night and for your pastorship of the CR ministry through out this past year. Southbrook Church is truly blessed to have you as one of its leaders. Thank you for all the work you are doing for His Kingdom.

Blessings,

Nathan & Jennifer