October 19, 2008

Sunday @ Southbrook:Monroe - 10.19.08

Here are a few highlights from today:

  • Meeting in a school means we have no control of the heating/cooling system. The air was running inside, it was about 55 degrees outside. It was cold in church today!
  • Zach did a great job leading worship today. He brought back a couple of older songs. I especially enjoyed "I Surrender All." That never gets old.
  • I preached the second part of the series on Haggai: God is calling us to obey Him, to be ambassadors for Christ in the context in which He has placed us. Let's not get discouraged when things don't work out the way we think they should. Let's be faithful to do what God has called us to do - in the context in which he called us to do it.
  • I'm watching some Panthers football, relaxing, and getting ready to head over to our Home Group meeting this afternoon.
I hope you have a great Sunday!

No comments: