October 18, 2012

Heading to Haiti

I'm leaving tomorrow for my 9th missions trip to Haiti since June 2011. Each trip is unique and exciting. I love that I get to watch God work in people's lives in such a tangible and short period of time. This trip is going to be different and new - Nancy is going with me. She will finally get to experience Haiti after having heard me talk about it. I'm looking forward to having her ministering alongside me and the rest of the team.

We will be leading a women's conference at Pastor Rene's church in Port-Au-Prince. For two days several of our ladies will be speaking, sharing personal stories, and just loving and ministering to the ladies in the church. Pastor Rene is also bring ladies from churches across Haiti to be a part of this conference. Pray that God will use us in a mighty way to love and encourage these leaders.

This is a big step for Nancy. This will be the longest we have both been apart from Garren since he first got sick. Garren continues to progress. God continues to heal him. Though it is a long, slow process, we are able to see changes. 

If you would like to help support this trip, you can make an online donation here. Just scroll down and click on Nancy's name and you can be a part of our financial support team. We also covet your prayers. Please keep us lifted up as we travel and as we interact with these precious people. Please keep our children and my parents in your prayers as they stay behind. Please be in prayer for the entire team as we work together to accomplish what God is sending us to do.

No comments: