March 05, 2010

Unleash 2010

I had this idea about 6 months ago. I thought I'd take our leadership team from the Monroe Campus to Unleash - a one day church conference at Newspring Church in Anderson, SC. So I presented it to the team, and most of them went out and bought their own tickets! I couldn't wait to go!

Well, about 2 months ago Pastor Rob got wind of it and said: "Why aren't more people going?"
I said: "You want to take more people? Let's do it!"
So he said: "We're gonna need two buses, we're taking 100 people! O, and everyone needs a tshirt!"
I said: "That's great - we can't pay for buses, we have no money."

So after some discussion, we decided to put it out there. We started announcing that we had purchased a block of tickets, that we wanted to charter 2 buses, and buy t-shirts for everyone that went. We put out the challenge - "The church can't pay for any of this - so we need people to step up and help us out." Within the first week both buses and all the t-shirts were paid for. People began signing up to go (purchasing their own tickets, taking days off of work).

Finally the day arrived. We loaded up on the buses yesterday morning at 5:45am (*yawn*). And we were off!

And let me say this - it was an amazing day! It was so awesome as a pastor at this church to see so many sold out and excited leaders from Southbrook learning, growing, interacting, being challenged, and building passion for the heartbeat of Jesus Christ. The sessions were great, the worship was great, but by far the best part was hearing people's hearts on the way back.

I've been saying this for awhile - and I still believe it. God has HUGE plans for Southbrook Church. Something HUGE is right ahead! And He is in the process of positioning us to handle it. Yesterday was one giant step in the right direction. I am blown away that I get to be a part of this. Why God would choose someone like me to have such a role as this I will never know. I hope you feel the same way!

Southbrook Church - I hope you're ready. There are some big challenges coming up. Impact is one of those. I hope you're ready. I can't wait!

No comments: