May 03, 2007

Feeling Left Behind?

Check this out: The Bible tells us that God said “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Isn’t that our biggest fear? That we will be left? That we might be forsaken? Nobody wants to be left alone. Nobody wants to be on the outside looking in. We all want to be a part of something. We all need community.

That community presents itself in many different ways for different people. Starbucks is a great example. People go to Starbucks and pay more for a cup of coffee (or tea, or whatever) than they typically would. Why is that? Yes, the coffee is that much better. But besides that. People love and need to be a part of something. We all want to fit in. No one wants to be left behind.

“But what about those people who say they don’t want to be a part of anything? They are better off alone? They just want to be on the outside?” Sure, there are those who say that, but aren’t they ultimately a part of those who say they don’t want to be a part of community? You can’t avoid it. We all want to be associated with something.

God said He would never leave us or forsake us. So what? Well, think about things you’ve been a part of. Where are those things now? I was a part of a high school graduating class. But I haven’t heard from over half of them since the day we graduated, and there were only 12 of us! I’ve been a part of clubs and organizations. And inevitably, those clubs, organizations, and people leave, they let me down. We go into things with high expectations, and then we get dropped, and wonder what the heck happened.

God said He would never leave you or forsake you. Think about what that really means! If you give yourself fully to be a part of the amazing Kingdom of God by following in the steps of Jesus, loving Him and obeying His commands, you get to be a part of the family of God. And God promises, that no matter what, He will never leave you or forsake you. You can’t do anything that will turn Him away from you. Once you join the family, you’re in! Pretty cool?

I think so. I know I don’t deserve the love of God. Neither do you. I praise God for His promise to never leave me or forsake me.

Have you thanked Him for that recently?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i typed in feeling left behind on google. I found your post.
It brings hope. Thank you

Anonymous said...

hey, funny i typed in the same thing on google. I am entering my twenties and was feeling left behind from my other friends. They have gone on to do big things and I feel like Im always trying to catch up. I used to perform really well and as soon as I slipped once, its like I missed the boat and Ive been swimming after it all this time. Sometimes I get side-by-side the boat but never invited on it. So I got feed up and have given up. Feeling left behind.What you say in your blog is true. Everything we try to fit into will eventually disappoint. Jesus will never leave nor forsake us. So indeed I give up on these earthly things and earthly aspirations and I give my life to Christ for these things will pass away but Christ gives us eternal life.

Lady Valmar said...

Me three. I've had this feeling since I got was with my ex and now again with a new person. They are both military so the left behind feeling is probably part of that. But also I've felt it with friends too. I'm tired of being the outsider, being alone. I believe God made us social creatures and we aren't meant to be alone. But as for a "partner" I've yet to find one who is isn't a scum bag. Me and God have a lot of talking to do. I get where your point is however...if God's plan is have me single for the rest of my life then dam...I'd rather not do that.